IERG5090 Advanced Networking Protocols and Systems / Spring 2023
Due: Fri, May 12, 23:59PM.
- Released: [Assignment #4: IPv6 and SIP Experiments]. Due: Tue, Apr 25, 23:59PM.
- Released: [Assignment #3: SDN Lab]. Due: Fri, Apr 7, 23:59PM.
Project topic registration link will be emailed to you @ Fri, Mar 17, 12:00 noon time.
- Released: [Assignment #2]. Due: Mon, Mar 13, 23:59PM.
This is a graduate level course in computer networks. It covers advanced technologies, theory and applications of networking protocols and systems. It studies recent developments and emerging trend in various networking research areas such as:
- Architecture and Economic aspects of the Internet; Network management, Operation and Traffic Engineering;
- Network Measurement and Monitoring;
- Domain-specific networking architectures and technologies, e.g., Data-Center, Content Distribution Networks and their corresponding challenges and solutions;
- Network Algorithmics and Protocol Design;
- Operating Systems and Hardware Support for Networking;
- Modeling and performance analysis of protocols, systems and services.
Each student is expected to complete a Term-Project as part of the course assessment.
Advisory: Students are expected to have basic background in computer networks.
Please check Blackboard for important announcements, assignment submissions, grades, etc.
- Homeworks + Hands-on Lab exercises: 50%
- Project: 15%
- Final Exam: 35%
Student/Faculty Expectations on Teaching and Learning
You are expected to do your own work and acknowledge the use of anyone else’s words or ideas. You MUST put down in your submitted work the names of people with whom you have had discussions.
Refer to http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty for details
When scholastic dishonesty is suspected, the matter will be turned over to the University authority for action.
You MUST include the following signed statement in all of your submitted homework, project assignments and examinations. Submission without a signed statement will not be graded.
I declare that the assignment here submitted is original except for source material explicitly acknowledged, and that the same or related material has not been previously submitted for another course. I also acknowledge that I am aware of University policy and regulations on honesty in academic work, and of the disciplinary guidelines and procedures applicable to breaches of such policy and regulations, as contained in the website http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/.
Time and Venue
- Tue 3:30PM - 4:15PM (SHB 833)
- Thu 1:30PM - 3:15PM (SHB 833)
- TBA (TBA)