FTEC4004 E-payment Systems and Cryptocurrency Technologies / Spring 2021
- Released: [Assignment #5 - Smart Contract Lab]. Due: Mon, May 10, 23:59PM.
- Released: [Assignment #4 - Bitcoin Lab]. Due: Mon, April 19, 23:59PM.
- Released: [Q&A Design]. Due: Fri, May 21, 11:59AM.
- Released: [Case Study / Video Presentation]. Due: Mon, May 24, 11:59AM.
- Released: [Assignment #3 - Mobile Payment]. Due: Mon, March 29, 23:59PM.
Fill in the topic sign-up sheet for case study before Mar 7.
- Released: [Assignment #2 - Written+Lab Assignment]. Due: Mon, March 1, 23:59PM.
- Released: [Assignment #1 - Written Assignment]. Due: Mon, February 8, 23:59PM.
The Zoom meeting ID for lectures is: 140211959. Password can be found in Blackboard annoucement.
The course introduces e-payment systems and cryptocurrency technologies. Topics to be covered include:
- Introduction to Money and Banking;
- Automated Clearing and Settlement Systems;
- E-payment Security/ Privacy and related protocols;
- Credit cards;
- Peer-to-peer payment services;
- Stored Value Facilities (SVF), Smartcard technologies;
- Digital Wallets and Mobile payment systems;
- Micropayments and Ecash;
- Cryptocurrency, Block-chain technologies and their applications;
- The Future of Money and Technology.
Prerequisite: CSCI4130 or ESTR4306 or IERG4130
Please check Blackboard for important announcements, assignment submissions, grades, etc.
- Written and Hands-on Systems/ Programming assignments (a total of 5 sets): 60%
- One additional Case Study / Video Presentation: 15%
- One Q&A-design Assignment: 15%
- Class Participation (10%)
Student/Faculty Expectations on Teaching and Learning
You are expected to do your own work and acknowledge the use of anyone else’s words or ideas. You MUST put down in your submitted work the names of people with whom you have had discussions.
Refer to http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty for details
When scholastic dishonesty is suspected, the matter will be turned over to the University authority for action.
You MUST include the following signed statement in all of your submitted homework, project assignments and examinations. Submission without a signed statement will not be graded.
I declare that the assignment here submitted is original except for source material explicitly acknowledged, and that the same or related material has not been previously submitted for another course. I also acknowledge that I am aware of University policy and regulations on honesty in academic work, and of the disciplinary guidelines and procedures applicable to breaches of such policy and regulations, as contained in the website http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/.
Time and Venue
- Mon 11:30AM - 12:15PM (Online)
- Thu 2:30PM - 4:15PM (Online)
- Fri 1:30PM - 2:15PM (Online)
Email: wclau [at] ie.cuhk.edu.hk
Office hours: Thu 4:30 - 5:30PM (SHB 818)
Email: xianbo [at] ie.cuhk.edu.hk
Office hours: Fri 2:00 - 3:00PM (SHB 803)